What are we striving for?
"Curating Web3 Mass Adoption" 🌎
The current state of the ecosystem is broken. Ghosts have taken over. Setting the narrative - Crypto is Scary. Web2 users fear entering into our world. This won't bring adoption. Adoption is a myth in the current state.
We're here to change this but we can't do this alone - we need you, we need the community to drive enormous adoption to Web3.
We're calling the crypto natives - the alphas, the pepes, the degens, the thinkers, the doers & the true web3 supporters to come with us on this mission.
- Billions are stolen - According to several reports more than $1 billion have been stolen in 2020.* Word of mouth is one of the strongest tools of marketing - stands true today as well. It can go both ways - good or bad, unfortunately for the crypto ecosystem, it's bad because of all these scams happening around.
- Slower & riskier - For new entrants, the process of exploring Dapps is hard & not safe either. Exploration is the very start of the user journey into the ecosystem & which in itself has been the cause of problems. Crypto natives know the way to figure out alphas, gems & whatnot but for a new entrant, it is completely a different world.
- Shills over the safety - Exploration resources have been taken over by ghost chains / anonymous Dapps / copy pasta fi - creating more chances of rug & scams.
- Inadequate support for devs - Devs from Hackathon projects are missing the support & networks. As more anonymous projects take over the hype & resources, less marketing savvy devs lose hope to build further on their ideas & instead follow the narratives.
🛠 We believe that by equipping the community with the tools, we can tackle the problems better, together.
How are we solving these?
The over-all product development and strategy has been divided into three different modules to solve the above-mentioned issues.
⚔️ EXPLORE - BUIDL - INVEST
- Explore - User journey starts with exploration & app stores play a major role in this. Thus, a Decentralised App Store as a platform is the fastest-growing need for the ecosystem now. TDL is powered by community governance to set a process for listing & delisting of applications. Contributors are rewarded with token + reputation for good acts & they lose reputation + future rewards basis bad acts reported by the community.
- BUIDL - Buidl provides a launchpad for devs to build community & networks. This helps them in evolving a hackathon project into a live product. We'll be onboarding hackathon projects to launch on our platform, building a network with our partners & community with our existing users.
- Invest - After Explore & Buidl, we will be bridging the gap between devs & users/investors through our invest module. Where the dapp users, as well as the TDL community, can invest in the projects that are launched on TDL. We are the connectors.
Honestly we should just build our own app store and ideally experiment with decentralized reputation systems to push out the scams but without that becoming a backdoor for centralized middlemen.— vitalik.eth (@VitalikButerin) September 29, 2020
Stats & Traction (V1) 📊
Nirbhik Jangid, Founder & CEO The Dapp List.
Prev. Community & Growth at Polygon (previously known as Matic Network).
Sayli Patil, Tech Lead - The Dapp List.
Prev. Blockchain dev at Matic. Open-source contributor to WalletConnect & more.
Monika Gujar, Frontend and UI Builder. Have 5+ years of experience with building and breaking stuff.
Saurabh Sharma, Marketing Ninja at The Dapp List. Blockchain awareness & education enthusiast. Prev. Marketing Advisor to Blockchain Projects
Saurav Singh, Community builder & manager. A business graduate from Cardiff Met University.
💫 “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” — MetaCartel / African Proverb ✍
💫 "The Web3 is a backend revolution. It’s a set of protocols led by blockchain, that intends to reinvent how the Internet is wired." — Shermin Voshmgir ✍
💫 Blockchain is the biggest opportunity set we can think of over the next decade or so. — Tyler Winkelvoss, Rower & Entrepreneur ✍
Join our community here 👈
Check out our Website 🌐 Connect w / us at Twitter & Telegram.
Supporting Resources (*)
Billions are stolen - https://blog.chainalysis.com/reports/2021-crypto-crime-report-intro-ransomware-scams-darknet-markets, https://ciphertrace.com/2020-year-end-cryptocurrency-crime-and-anti-money-laundering-report/, https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-scams-reach-new-heights-in-2020-with-24m-stolen-so-far